Monday, July 23, 2018

"On you will go..."

I'm tired fam...life tired.

On a completely different subject. I listened to this quick, hour-long audiobook while at the gym last night.

It seemed relevant at the time and I couldn't handle music. I seem to like a decent amount of what Adichie says in general (not just in this book) as she's in the "equal opportunities camp" instead of the "women are superior or men don't have any problems camp". Women aren't in the superior or inferior box across the board and men deal with sexist stuff as well. I agreed with some of what she said and other parts seemed less rooted in the reality we currently live in. She does give a disclaimer in the beginning that she wrote this before becoming a parent of her own daughter and that changed her thoughts a little. Anyway, it was food for thought which was exactly what I was looking for. Prior to that, I tried two other audiobooks on the subject of self-esteem or self-confidence but they were so unbelievably corny and full of psycho babble that I couldn't hang. Don't give me rainbows and unicorns, give me something concrete, something real.

Want to hear something random and completely useless? I'll tell you. You know these whiteout things?
Yes? Okay. Great little tools. This particular one malfunctioned on me (apparently a common thing. I wouldn't know). I watched a quick tutorial on YouTube and went to war with it. Little did I know this would take me to my limits of patience and occupy 45 straight minutes of my time. I had a coworker tell me it was simply defective and he'd just get me a new one. I knew it wasn't defective though! I knew it was me, so I thanked him and kept on. After several more YouTube videos, it was fixed and working properly. That right there put me on a high that lasted for hours that day. 

See? Useless babbling.

I'll leave you with a new Burna. Its...alright. But its mellow and that's what I need right now.

Let's work to keep our heads up. Hmm? Alright? Alright then!


No comments: