Sunday, March 17, 2019

A sleepy St. Patty's Day Sunday

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I'm sleepy this morning so let's do a lighting round just to catch up.

  • Tried some more new types of alcohol recently of which Bailey's Irish Cream was a favorite.
  • Paid off another student loan which means I'm down to one. 
  • Starting a new full-time job in April and I'm nervous about time management. Trying to come up with some plans for how to "do it all" without failing. Ha!
  • Garden is completely planted and things are still going good. Its already time to make pesto again. Will fertilize today or this week.Here's a quick pic!
  • Financial goals took a hard hit this week from learning about a very large, unexpected cost. One of my money goals will have to fall by the wayside this year to make up for it. Trying to decide which that will be. 
  • Rode on the fastest go-karts in town yesterday. They were so fast that after three races I was dealing with motion sickness for the next two hours. They were so fast that you could drift around corners! They were so fast that when another racer clipped my back corner at top speed, I "spun out" in the middle of the track creating a eight car "pile up". The smile on my face was HUGE!  
  • I haven't been cooking or reading as much though I have started a couple new books since we last spoke. The kids have been home for spring break so there's literally no peace and quiet save for the middle of the night. This may explain why I've been up at 2,3, and 4am each night just basking in the silence and thinking. Its killing my motivation during the daylight hours.

Three things I'm grateful for today:

  1. My dad. I have the cutest dad in the world and I learn about and appreciate him more each year. He's semi-retired now and each time I call he's picked up a new hobby or expanded on an old one. After watching him work for the same company for decades, day in and day out, its so fun to call and see what he's up to now. The latest? He bought an old clunker mail service truck and will be the local mailman on Saturday's. How cute is that?!
  2. My new job. So grateful for the opportunity to make enough money doing what I love to be able to follow my dreams of which I have many!
  3. The internet, for providing the constant flow of information I need to satisfy my unending curiosities, and I do mean they are deep and unending! :)

I'm off to deep condition my hair and put a mask on my face.

No comments: