Saturday, August 11, 2018

Books, books, and more books!

Hmmm, let's see, let's see, let's see...

We'll start at the beach. I had an opportunity to go to the beach by myself the other day and took it!
Did it cost me a little money? Yes.
Did it cost me a little time? Yes.
Did I feel the "mom guilt"? Yes.
Was it mind blowing and worth every second? Yes!
I haven't laid out on a beach and soaked in the sun by myself in over a decade. On that day, I took one hour of the day to do just that. I was just another girl on the beach and it was surreal. I read a chapter in a good book, ate a big juicy apple, listened to the waves, watched sea gulls and jumping fish, thought about the lives of the people who are always walking by on a beach, floated in the waves, watched big fluffy clouds collide, and napped a little. Then, I packed up and went home as if nothing had taken place. I'm still carrying it with me though. Its a good memory and it reminded me that life doesn't always deal out bad things like flat tires and broken appliances. Sometimes life gives us random good things, too!

I'm working on a new bucket list item which is to send a care package to a soldier. The USO website gives some directions on how to do this here. Today, I sent emails to all six of the listed bases in South Korea. Why South Korea? Because it's my beloved land of all things KPop, KDrama, and Korean food of course!!! ;) More on this when I hear back from one of them.

As for books, I went a little crazy as of late. I do recall saying I was getting antsy. ;) I've checked-out no less than twenty-five books from the library in the past three days and have my eyes on a few others. I'll share some of my randomness.
First, I found myself deep in the stacks looking through some amazing photography books. I was totally lost in Jonathan M. Singer's Botanica Magnifica so what did I do? I checked it out and brought it home with me because all library books need love and we love them by checking them out! :)
Here's the cover and a peek of  the images inside.





This book is huge by the way, maybe two feet tall. I told my coworkers if a guy ever got me flowers that looked like anything in this book, I might be too scared to touch or smell them, but he would get 10,000 bonus points for originality!!

I picked up this book that crossed my path and have been dabbling in it a little. Haven't spent too much time in here yet.

I can't remember how I ran into this next one but I went through a third of it today and had to work pretty hard not to drop a tear. 
Whatever it may or may not be, there are some messages in this book that I've needed to hear lately. Love, love, love.

I'm feeling something super smutty and ridiculous coming soon so stay tuned! My reading has been way too serious lately. I'm off to eat but I'll leave you with a Kpop song I love in honor of my South Korean care package mission. :) 


Until next time!!!


No comments: