Thursday, September 30, 2010

A journal prompt...

from Dave Ellis's Becoming a Master Student.

What I want from my education is...
Options, self discovery, and self-actualization.  An education is something that no one can take away from me.  It opens my mind and therefore the world up to me and the knowledge I gain gives me power.  It opens up career opportunities that I would not be privy to without it.

When I complete my education I want to be able to...
Make a comfortable living for myself and my family and be happy doing it. 


I also want...
My children to see me finish something and set a good example for them of commitment, integrity, determination and accomplishment.  I want to equal my husband in education.  I want to be as self-reliant and independent as I choose.  I want to make sure that should I decide to further my education, I will be in a  position to do so.

No comments: