Sunday, January 14, 2018

Gone but not forgotten

It’s been 6 years, 1 month, and 15 days since posting to this blog. I’ve been gone a long time but you’ve not been forgotten. A lot has happened in my absence! I’ll jot down a few…


  • I maintained a 5-year working relationship with one therapist that ended successfully and voluntarily.
  • I bought my first home.
  • I earned an undergrad and graduate degree.
  • I adopted a greyhound.
  • My babies from this blog are now 10 and 7.
  • I’m gainfully employed.
  • I’ve discovered new hobbies, kept old cherished ones, let some go, put some on hold, and have come full circle with others that had been dormant for many years.
  • I’ve experienced many new things, learned much about myself, and made new friends. Yes, friends!!
  • I entered my fourth decade of life.
  • I survived deployment with a toddler and a baby…and thrived!!
  • I moved to another city for six months, then moved back.
  • I conquered my eating disorder and learned to control my anger.


Going forward, I’ll be adding various entries from my time away that I’ve journaled elsewhere in hopes of preserving them and include new posts from the present. We’ll go from there! I'll leave you with a quote I ran into this morning and an excerpt from one of the most important books of my life.

“Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

"Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself 
any direction you choose.
You're on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go."
— Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss

No comments: