Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Conquering pain

Today there was pain (sometimes there will be!) but life waits for no one and after all was said and done I did all I set out to do, and more, and managed to have the most insane cardio session I've had in the gym in weeks, maybe months which affected the rest of my day. In the ongoing game we play of mind over matter, maybe I don't win every day but today I'm claiming a victory.

All it took was a couple key sentences from my trainer, a new, higher level of difficulty on the machine (because I didn't want to do it at all but I'm rebellious even against myself so I made it even harder lol), a little Deftones to help me reach "the dark side" 😈, and a little trance-like music to keep pace with once I "broke through" and got "there". Everything just fell away, I literally felt nothing at all for awhile, and it was a beautiful thing. Today's selections were...
However, come down was hard! Lol I don't think I started having feelings again, physical or not, until about an hour after I left the gym, but come they did! I'm exhausted from this day but like the saying goes, there's always a silver lining. 

What did you conquer today?

I'll leave you with the song that did have me in my feelings today. I'm falling asleep to this one in my ear tonight. Night fam.


No comments: