Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Happy Halloween and birthday to me!

It's been a minute and I don't remember what I was talking about here so let's start from right now!
  • Behold, the mailbox project that became ultra-ridiculous is complete and has officially been marked off my list of goals for 2018!!! I had to take this ultra-ridiculous picture to match, complete with vignetting. Numbers are on the other side of course! 😉

  • I got locked in the parking lot of the elementary school the other morning for a long time. Yes, sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who gets myself into these kinds of situations. Lol Here's what happened. I dropped my kid off at the curb in the long line of parents dropping their kids off at the curb in the morning. I then veered into a nearby parking space to have a few minutes of alone time after a hard weekend. Roughly twenty minutes later I come out of my daze, pull out of my space and see that they have closed and locked a gate across the only entrance and exit!! 😯 Let's keep in mind that I was wearing no bra and the shortest shorts I own so I was NOT going into the main office. Long story short, they had to send someone out to unlock the gate just for me and I rode home giggling. SMH
  • I turned 35! 😊
  • I deadlifted 260lbs! 😊💪
  • I killed a houseplant! ☹ I tried everything but couldn't seem to make this spider plant happy. Sorry, plant.
  • The site where I watch ALL of my Korean shows and movies died! 😯 With only a couple episodes left of the drama I was watching! Currently looking for a good substitute...
  • I went through a crazy interview to get a bigger, better job and failed. ☹ Booo! It was the first time I've ever been on an interview and didn't get the job. I guess my streak couldn't last forever, right? 😉 I learned some valuable things though and now I know better what to expect. 
  • It's Halloween and that means the kickoff of the holiday season. $$$$$$$$$$$
  • I started watching an anime! A boy-love one!! 😯 LOL My coworker is very into anime and gave me a big list to choose from to try one out. I said I was down so I get in my bed at night with my laptop and this is how it went. Anime starts; VERY corny opening song and sequence play out where two boys hold hands, run through flowers, exchange teddy bears, etc.; I giggle profusely at how this kind of thing would never fly in this country; seven minutes into the episode one guy is getting sexually assaulted by his tutor...and secretely LIKED IT! My mouth dropped open. LOLOL I guess we get straight to the point! I'm on episode 3 and this is exactly my face every time I watch. So bizarre, entertaining, and I can't stop giggling.
via GIPHY


  • I started reading Fever by Laurie Halse Anderson. I wanted a good outbreak story. Something where people are violently vomiting up their melted insides all over the place and everybody freaks out. Quarantines break loose and general mayhem and destruction follow. You get the idea. This...mmm...isn't really cutting it and I'm bored. Its a teen book so its a little more mellow. I should have known. Its good but not exactly what I was looking for. I wanted something more like The Hot Zone by Richard Preston. Now that was good, gory, suspenseful, and TRUE! 😊 Not sure if I'll finish this one.


Now, I did say I turned 35. Yes, yes I did. For shits and giggles I looked back through my planners and such to see what kind of stuff happened in the last year. So without further ado, here are...

Twenty Things That Happened in My 34th Year of Life:

  1. Walked across the stage and got a masters degree!
  2. Finished a five year long journey through therapy!
  3. Beat Assassins Creed Black Flag and Journey and played Witcher III for 6 months straight!
  4. Completely paid off my undergraduate student loans!
  5. Tried having a cleaning lady and decided it wasn't for me!
  6. Did pull-ups for the first time in my life!
  7. Cooked and tried some Ukrainian food for the first time!
  8. Tubed down a natural spring!
  9. Bought my first professional suit!
  10. Left one job and started another; the one that had my dream job title!
  11. Took two trips to Alabama where I'd never been before and laid out on a tiny island in the bay!
  12. Sat on a committee that planned and executed a big city event!
  13. Got a credit card!
  14. Donated blood for the first time!
  15. Built four planting beds in my garage with my best friend!
  16. Changed the oil in my lawnmower for the first time!
  17. Started drinking and found out I like sweet wine and Tequila!
  18. Got a passport!
  19. Started working two part-time jobs!
  20. Attended a professional conference!
I can't wait to see what year 35 has in store for me!! ❤

Let's have some quotes before I go! Shall we? I'm always running into quotes I like.

"If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together."
-African Proverb

"You can't have everything...where would you put it?"
-Steven Wright

"You miss one hundred percent of the shots you don't take."
-Wayne Gretzky

What were some of your favorite moments from the last 12 months of your life?
Bye!!!

No comments: