Friday, November 30, 2018

Popping in for a quickie

Long time, no see. This won't be long because I've been waiting around two weeks, I think, to play AC Odyssey again and I'm beyond ready to get to it!

The family trip back home has been completed and was another goal marked off the list for 2018. Saw both parents in the same year this time around! That almost never happens! I hadn't been home for four or five years and I was able to do, and watch my kids do, lots of things I used to do when I lived there. I'm fortunate to be able to get my city boys out of the city sometimes. They thrive out there and my oldest did a lot of thinking and talking about it. That kid may end up in the country someday. Anyway, saw lots of family, ate yummy food that I didn't have to cook or buy, and made it back in one piece.
Yummy homemade food everywhere!
Treasures found like some of the corrective shoes I was made to wear as a kid
Perhaps my very first pair of Adidas shell tops?! Not quite but close ;)
On the flip side, the stress and anxiety were insane, I feel like I lost a year off my life, and I was sick the entire time with a cold... Ah, that's life though. There will always be some good and some bad to everything. Right? Right! Moving on!!

Things coming down the pipeline:

  • I have my new 2019 planner in which will be written new goals for 2019. Hmm, what will I aim to crush this next year? ;)
  • I'm currently searching for a new book. Finished the zombie one and it was hilarious all the way to the end. Will let you know what I end up in.
  • Christmas tree and decorations will more than likely be going up this weekend.
  • Master bath renovation is coming to an end very soon and I'm excited to be able to mark this off the list of goals as well.
  • Still saving for a new TV but with Christmas around the corner and the way sales go, I think it might be best to buy after Christmas. Sitting on the money for now and adding little by little to my stash :)
I've, of course, run across some quotes I liked while gone and you're going to hear them!! ;)

"You will always be too much of something for someone: too big, too loud, too soft, too edgy. If you round out your edges, you lose your edge."
-Danielle LaPorte

"When it hurts--observe. Life is trying to teach you something."
-Anita Krizzan

Finally, three things I'm grateful for:
  1. The strength I've gained from working out for I'm able to climb trees again!
  2. Having enough money to live comfortably. I've come a long way from mustard sandwiches, $10/week grocery budgeting, and counting quarters to be able to get enough gas to get to work that day.
  3. My best friend who is truly a jack-of-all-trades, one of a kind, and my MVP.
What are you grateful for today?

Game time!!!!!!!!!!!! :)


No comments: