Saturday, March 12, 2011

I love you Carl Rogers :)

So, I am reading Carl Roger's, On Becoming a Person for class and I just wanted to jot down a thought for future inspection.
I now know that there are many different types of psychotherapies out there today.  I think I knew this before but never really thought about it.  Now that I am face to face with it in my readings I have really taken the time to think critically about my three different experiences with therapy and the kind described in this book (client-centered therapy).  I feel much more inclined to this client-centered therapy in comparison with what I have experienced.  I am 1) interested in finding out about other types of psychotherapy 2) interested in seeing if they appeal to me as much as this type does 3) realizing that their is a general lack of communication to the layperson about which type of therapy/therapist they are experiencing 4) going to try to seek out a client-centered therapist when I return to therapy in the future.
If you have experienced therapy or wish to, I suggest checking out this book.  It not only gives insight into therapy from a therapist's view but from a client's view.  It has helped me immensely.

No comments: