Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Slide I want to remember...

This slide is from the class I'm currently taking on the history of photography.  The poem is titled Ozymandias by Percy Bysse Shelley and the photo is an albumen print made by Francis Frith of the  fallen statue of Ramses II in Thebes.  We talked about the combination of this poem and photo being a "poignant reminder of the rise and fall of all civilizations". ~Paul Karabinas, UNF
Anyway, I like this "reminder" because it is humbling and I like how it allows me to take a step back and once again align myself with the bigger picture of life--things come and go, things ebb and flow.  Life, to me, equals movement.  I feel that rigid mindsets can be fear inducing and that change, even though hard at times, is full of opportunities for growth and progress.  These changes can range from a career change to the imminent fall of America as a world power.

No comments: