Wednesday, March 21, 2018

It's you, babe

Aaah, another day passes. Today was a little challenging due to being a little under the weather with a cold and rushing around to get things done but I accomplished everything, I'm sitting here in my bed at 10pm eating my go-to meal of meat, rice, and kimchi, listening to music and for the moment...I'm happy. Like really really happy. I'm soaking in it!

My five baby caterpillars arrived on schedule and are growing rapidly. So cute to watch! These aren't mine below but they're about this size today. How can they grow so much EVERY DAY?!

In other news, while dropping my kids off at Spring Break camp I ran into this...
I was so fascinated that the world left me for a good two minutes and when I came back from work to pick them up it was there waiting for me. LOL

That's all for tonight! I'll leave you with two things. The first is an embarrassment but it is what it is. I stumbled into a pop song today, Camila Cabello's Never Be the Same, and I'm hooked. It will be played to death for a few days and then left alone but for now...Preach it girl...PREACH!!!

The second, a poem that hit home this evening...

Gardens are also good places
to sulk. You pass beds of
spiky voodoo lilies 
and trip over the roots 
of a sweet gum tree, 
in search of medieval 
plants whose leaves, 
when they drop off 
turn into birds
if they fall on land,
and colored carp if they 
plop into water.

Suddenly the archetypal 
human desire for peace 
with every other species 
wells up in you. The lion 
and the lamb cuddling up.
The snake and the snail, kissing.
Even the prick of the thistle, 
queen of the weeds, revives 
your secret belief
in perpetual spring,
your faith that for every hurt 
there is a leaf to cure it.

~In Perpetual Spring by Amy Gerstler

No comments: