Monday, March 25, 2019

Prep, movies, shows, goals, and a caterpillar

Yesterday was a unexpectedly crazy day of cooking. More like preparing. It was time to trim back the herbs in the garden so I had a bunch of basil, curly and flat-leaf parsley, and cilantro. To the store I went to gather some things and I ended up creating salsa verde, tomato pesto, and a whole new ton of basil pesto. I'd never made salsa verde or tomato pesto before but it turned out great and by the end I used up everything except for a small bit of parsley and cilantro. Win, win and moving on!!

One of my goals this year was to read at least two professional development books in my field. Gotta stay on top of my game you know! Anyway, quite a few of my textbooks from grad school have now been superseded by newer editions which means I have some updating to do. I've made a list of all the ones I'm interested in at the moment and lucky me, I found one at my public library. It may take a few renew's to get through it but you can't beat getting it for free!

So...movies...yeah, I'm skipping my March theater movie experience. It's ridiculous that I can't get excited about a single movie playing right now but that's the case. I refused to even look at the Bollywood's because I'm determined to stretch my gift cards out by seeing a couple American movies first. Therefore, my coworkers and I had a discussion about movies and things and I was given a bunch of recommendations of wonderfully weird stuff to check out from the comfort of my couch this month instead. Here are some that I've consumed and dug!

The Hateful Eight


Nine


Charlie the Unicorn


Llamas with Hats


Great coworkers they are! :) Here's to hoping that something, or two somethings, will come to theaters in April that'll excite me.

I'll leave you with something random from the week. My oldest and I were grocery shopping the other day and noticed we had a caterpillar on the front of our cart. It absolutely changed our entire shopping experience! LOL He pushed the cart with more care so as not to bump it, I placed things gently into the cart after we noticed it would jump if rattled. We spent a lot of time looking at it and discussing it and it made the whole boring trip go by in a flash. Here's a pic of our passenger.

As soon as we got outside it came to life and was crawling around so we got a stick and left it on a nearby tree. Cute little guy! 


Oh what the heck. Here's a quote, too!

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."
-Dolly Parton

Byeeeeeeeee!!!

No comments: