Thursday, March 7, 2019

Thoughts from a Thursday

Quick update!

Baby corn is growing despite it almost freezing two nights this week.
Baby corn a few days ago
The "Internets" say its time to thin out the weaklings, add some extra nitrogen fertilizer, and then they'll be on their way! When I am SURE that there won't be any more cold nights, I'm going to plant the bean and cucumber seeds as well as the tomatoes and eggplants! Garden still going good!

I finished How to be a Woman. So good! When I was coming to the end I didn't want it to stop. She was like that aunt or older cousin that doesn't have to be your "parent" figure and just told you things straight. I'm lucky I had one of those cousins growing up. Anyway, there are still things about feminism and being a woman that I haven't quite figured out how I feel about yet. What this book did for me was to expose me to some new ways of thinking I hadn't necessarily heard before and in the most hilarious ways. Loved it! Now I'm ready for something COMPLETELY different and on the hunt!

Today I got a bigger and better job. It will be the first full-time job I've had since 2007 when I left the working world to stay home with my kids for their first few years. I've been after this job and working my way up to this since 2014 and I now have only one more step on the ladder before I reach the height of my career aspirations. After that, I'll make new career goals that will probably have to do with contributing to my field. However, one step at a time and I plan to settle in for a good year or so of learning. I'm scared to death. Lol More on that in a later post I presume. Oh! This also happened to be one of the HUGE goals I had for 2019 so I was able to mark that shit off the list today and it felt good. Yeah!!

Tomorrow is International Women's Day so in honor of our day, here is a little segment I saw today on YouTube from the World Surf League.

Being a woman isn't easy. Being a man isn't easy. Being a human being isn't easy. There are moments when I hate being a woman because of all the things that go with it but most days I'm really proud to be in my "group"! I get inspired by hearing women's stories and experiences like these and have been since I was a little girl so I'm grateful these stories and experiences are out there.


Quote time! I've been mulling this one over this week...

“Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men. Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks. Then the doing of your work shall be no miracle, but you shall be the miracle. ”
-Reverend Phillips Brooks

I'm out!!


No comments: