Sunday, August 19, 2018

On hold and cooking

Nothing much to say here right now. Most bucket list items are on hold because I'm letting the money rebuild itself a little from the whirlwind that was back to school. Got to keep it tight you know! :) Also, if you're wondering where all the grilled cheeses have been, I'll tell you. We got sick of crazy grilled cheeses and are taking a break.
Hmm, what else...
I scored three free cookbooks yesterday and its a good thing because I've been more and more in the mood to have a giant cooking spree. I think today might be the day and it'll only help me out during the week if my family already has stuff to eat. In my mind I'm yearning to make...
  • my mom's enchiladas
  • scalloped potatoes Edit: Decided on this cheesy broccoli rice instead and done!
  • a cucumber/tomato salad. Edit: Done and marinating!
  • all the grilled meats!!
  • some really filling baked mac n' cheese OR
  • a cheesey beef n' mac skillet. Edit: Done and behold the naughty cheesiness!!
  • a ton of some kind of quinoa mixture. Edit: Done and marinating and for shits and giggles I whipped up another concoction with barley!

I'll be choosing something or a few somethings from this list to make today along with the rest of my food prep for the week. Edit: Chicken thighs and two big pots of rice done!


Edit: Also, this happened! My oldest wanted a cake today all for himself. I challenged him to make his own...so he did! It was his first try at a cake, was the cutest thing watching him bake, it looks adorably insane, and in the end he decided to share with everyone. Awwwww and done!!

Random and/or new things I did recently:
  • Took my lunch hour at the beach one day and read a book in a comfy lounge chair under a big umbrella. Amazing but it got a little warm not being able to get in the water. I think I got it out of my system.
  • Explored a Peterbrooke Chocolatier store. I ate some once with my cousin years ago and it had a lasting impression. I ran across the store, went in to explore, and discovered that the stuff is mega-expensive and everything was packaged to be given as gifts. Interesting enough and now I know but I didn't buy anything.
  • Started reading a "dragon-shifter romance" book; a first for me! It's pretty shallow but really hot in some parts and was exactly the deviation I needed in my world of books.
  • Did a little boxing for cardio in the gym. This was something totally new and of course super fun!
  • Took a couple naps in my car. I've discovered that this method of sleeping will produce the most ridiculous version of myself possible (which I find humorous as long as no one else sees). As in, head back, mouth waaaaaay open, and/or crease marks all over my face. I'm so tired lately, I can reach REM state in in under two minutes!
Its my one day off for the week so I'm off to enjoy it but I'll leave you with my newest jam for the week. Afro B- Drogba (Joanna)

I'll be back another day!

No comments: