Monday, August 13, 2018

Beginnings and endings

Today was the first day back to school for my littles! It was an exhausting but successful morning and I'm proud of us all for getting through it. Honestly, having one enter middle school today was harder than when he went off to Kindergarten for the first time. Either that or time has softened any hard emotional memories of that time. May my boys have a good year...

Word came down the pipeline today from two of the South Korean bases I contacted about care packages! I've an address now and a list of things that have been requested and/or are popular. The list includes travel sized:

  • toothpaste & toothbrushes
  • razors
  • nailclippers
  • deodorant
  • hand sanitizer
  • body wash & lotion
  • non-perishable snacks
  • candy items (NOT chocolate)

I also learned which were the best boxes/sizes to send and found these and other helpful info on the USPS website here. It looks like I can fill out the customs form online which is convenient, boxes are free, and will only be charged as domestic shipping for any APO address which I have. I'm wary though. lol I feel like they're going to really get me good when it comes time to ship! $$ Will try to pick up a couple boxes tomorrow and will fill them little by little. Feels good and will be fun!

The mailbox post is officially painted and dry. A couple quick YouTube videos today showed me that I need another small piece of wood to attach the actual mailbox to said post. (Booooo! I thought I had everything!!!) At least another step in the right direction's been made.

As for books, I finally let the Breasts book go. I skimmed through the last couple chapters that had initially interested me but there was a lot of cancer talk and less of what I was looking for. It was time to move on and let someone else read all about the boobies.

Yes, Please also came to an end today. I liked it, a lot, and would give it a solid 4.5/5 stars! She made me giggle, think, feel better, gain insight, relate to her in some ways, and more. Well done, Amy!

Still going here. It was a day for beginnings and ends. Lol I finished Strong is the New Pretty. I have strong doubts that the quotes in the books actually match up with each girl as they're laid out. Plus, I noticed a few of the girls and/or groups are photographed a couple times and not sure if the names match. I'm also pretty sure such profound statements, as were occasionally encountered, aren't coming out of most girls under the age of 10. Nevertheless, as I mentioned in my last post, what matters more to me were the messages I needed to hear of which there were many and I loved all the images.

That's enough for now but I'll leave you with a quote from the Bible I ran into today that hit the good spot!

"though the mountain may crumble, you will not..." -Isaiah 54:10

I have NOOOO idea if this is accurate and am too tired to fact check myself at the moment. The point is, it helped me today. So there!!!


No comments: