Sunday, April 14, 2019

Planning plans

My oldest's bed broke (I think I spoke about that awhile back) and has been sleeping with his mattress on the floor. He had fun at first but now has been asking his dear old mom (that's me! lol) to please get him a new bed. I may be crazy to try to tackle this right now but that usually doesn't stop me when I set my mind on something. I'm going to build a damn bed...with a headboard. Rawr! And more, if a twin size bed turns out ok, I'm going to build a new king sized one for the hubs and I, too. This morning I went through the beginner level Ana White plans with him and this is the one he chose. The link to the plan is in the caption.
http://www.ana-white.com/2012/03/plans/kentwood-bed
I already have the slats and found some good brackets online to attach the headboard/footboard so its just a matter of building a couple things, stain, and finish. Soooooo, this will be coming as soon as I muster up my courage. lol

The last few days/weeks I've had that little nagging thing I have sometimes where I want to travel somewhere and see something new. Finally, FINALLY, the time is coming where that may actually become a possibility. It would be insanely less expensive to go by myself but the kids aren't quite old enough for me, or them, to feel comfortable having mom gone for that long. Therefore, the entire family will need to go ($$$$$) and in the end, the kids would hopefully gain some perspective as well. I held a family meeting this morning that went something like this.

Me: Hey, I want to take a trip outside the country and I think it would be good for you guys (kiddos) as well. We've never done this before so we need an easy, starter trip to get our feet wet. (Everyone was down and excited so I continued) To get an idea, if each of you could go anywhere for a trip, where would you pick?
Oldest: The Bahamas! I want to go on a cruise to the Bahamas!!
Youngest: Hmm, Brazil...or Hawaii. Europe? I like Brazil.
Hubs: Oooooh Brazil. I like that! I want to go back to Japan and take you guys (kiddos) so we can all climb Mt. Fuji!

A discussion ensued where we weighed the pros and cons of each as far as an easy, first trip and it was settled upon, at least tentatively, to try a cruise first. After that we could try more intermediate-level spots if desired but the general consensus was that we all had places we wanted to see. The meeting was adjourned and I will now add this to the list of my long-ish, short-ish term goals. Its on my radar baby!!!!

I finished Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and that's it for that. It was GREAT!
via GIPHY

Leaving you today with two songs that I've been having major car concerts with the last couple days. When its warm, music loud, windows down, and singing my heart out, I can feel happy at least for then.





BYYYYEEEEEEE!

No comments: