Sunday, April 28, 2019

Quick catch up!

And we're off!

I finished The Little Prince. WTH? He's so cute. The book is cute. The story is cute. I know I'm not comprehending the whole thing so I'm going to do some looking around online for some discussion about it. In the meantime, I see something about it on Netflix?????? I will watch this if its coming or has come already.

I read something I'll consider professional development. It was called The 80/20 Manager by Richard Koch. It was helpful, thought provoking, and caused me think about my job from a different perspective.
Another nonfiction book was devoured as well called Beasts in my Belfry by Gerald Purrell. I...laughed...so...hard!!!!!!!! Laughing is one of life's great pleasures. :) I'll be looking to see if this guy has other books because I liked his sense of humor.
During grad school I fell in love with graphic novels and read so many that I had a pretty good handle on the classics and popular selections of the time. I've fallen behind a bit there so I picked up a few the other day and started with Spill Zone by Scott Westerfeld. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet but am in book 2. I can tell its just getting started but that's infuriating since book 3 hasn't even been released? of how many? when? Bah! For now...its...mmm...its just okay. Keeping my eye on this one.

Now I've started a new book called Descent by Tim Johnston. I think it will be really good but the lady who's doing the audio book....ah...her voice makes me have REALLY violent fantasies of hurting her. I may have to try to find another version because I'm not sure I can handle her voice for that many hours if I'm already feeling this way. The wrong narrator in an audiobook can ruin the entire thing and let's just be honest. Some voices grate on the nerves of some people. I'm sure its different for everyone.

Other than reaaaaaaading, here's a quick list of things...

  • learned how to install shelves
  • have worked a whole month already at the full time job and haven't drowned yet
  • have had a nasty little cold all week so have been forced to set projects aside
  • doing lots of research on cruises
  • peppers are growing

  • tomatoes are growing
  • corn is 6 feet tall now and may be getting ready to have "corn sex" ;)
  • blueberries, grapes, and a pineapple are growing

I have nothing more to say except...

Quotes on quotes on quotes on quotes! :) I've check the validity of none. Some are well known and some are not. I won't add names to any for now but all have played some part for me lately, are favorites that I've lived by for years, or were oldies that came back around for a good reminder. Do with them what you wish.

"If you don't like where you are, move, you are not a tree."

"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."

"Always find time for the things that make you feel happy to be alive."

"Love one another as I have loved you."

"At any given moment we have two choices: to step forward into growth or step back into what is comfortable."

"You're not rich until you have something that money can't buy."

"If you were born with the weakness to fall, you were born with the strength to rise."

"I will never regret giving pieces of my heart to someone who ended up hurting me. Because in those moments of bliss my feelings were pure. And you can never tarnish pure intent."

"You weren't placed on this earth to just pay bills and die."

"Courage doesn't mean you don't get afraid. Courage means you don't let fear stop you."

"It is better to fail in originality, than to succeed in imitation."

"We can't direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."

Byyyyyye!!!

No comments: