Thursday, July 2, 2009

Journal entry 5-14-09

I arrived really early for class on this day and was sitting by my lonesome in the hall and decided to dive into a journal entry. I had listened to MIA's Paper Planes on repeat for the 45 minute drive to school and was ready to shoot someone when I got out of my truck. :) Also, if my diction seems a little odd it is because I was so immersed in the world of Jane Austen that I was starting to speak like the characters. It was funny to me so I just let it flow.
--------
I had an enjoyable drive to school this morning. For one, I was on time. Which is more than I can say for Tuesday's class. Secondly, it was sunny. Thirdly, I had great music on LOUD! It was a bit of an emotional ride however and I dare say I felt a bit volatile.
I have been completely immersed in Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice as of late. First, I downloaded the e-book, then the movie, then I watched the movie, then started reading the e-book. I couldn't stand it due to my impatience so I started watching the movie while reading the book. I would read a scene then skip over and watch it play out on the movie. I must say that it follows the book quite well. I have found that I am completely falling in love with Mr. Darcy's character and I am quite compelled to see who the actor is that portrays him. I am none other than breathless every time I watch the scene where he professes his love for her. I ordered the complete works of Jane Austen the other day and I am ecstatic about reading and owning all of her books. I have already downloaded the movies Emma and Sense and Sensibility. The reason for throwing myself so severely into Jane Austen is to replace--displace--my obsession with the Twilight series and Edward Cullen in particular. My plan was to throw myself into some other love story and while it was hard I have succeeded in overcoming the all encompassing love I possess for Edward Cullen! :)

---------
I have since come into the piano sheet music for Pride and Prejudice and am learning my favorite song of the movie, Dawn. While I was able to shake Twilight for a little while I have fallen back into it and am now, shamefully, reading fan fiction to get my fix.



No comments: