Sunday, May 20, 2018

There's always a choice...

I'm frustrated at the moment...and a little angry, possibly due to frustration. Therefore, this post will be filled with only positive things that have happened; progress being made, fun that was had, and fun to come.


  1. I had my first language exchange in over two years tonight and the next is already planned. I learned that Peru qualified for the World Cup in Russia, what the secret ingredient for good ceviche is, and did a bit of catching up in general (Fun! Progress! Future Fun!)
  2. I finished the painful and wonderful book I was reading and watched the movie today. I give the book a full five stars. The movie was...meh. But movies based on books usually are. Doesn't kill the excitement of finally seeing what was in your head on the screen. I teared up on only one part of the movie because there was a moment between the characters that hit home a little forcefully today. Anyway, great book. Read it! (Fun! Progress!)
  3. I spent a couple hours playing Witcher 3 today which is always a beautiful place to escape to. Completed some quests, got some XP, advanced the story, etc. (Fun! Progress!)
  4. This coming week will be the first one in which I receive pay from two jobs instead of one. I know what I want to do with the money but not sure yet what is the right thing. More than likely I will sit on it until I do know. (Fun! Progress!)
  5. I've officially gathered all of the supplies to build four new raised garden beds for the backyard and the very best part is...I'll have a building partner this time. (Future Fun! Progress!)
  6. I'll be cooking two or three new things this week based on time. a) Homemade Syrian Tabbouleh b) something Ukrainian and c) a new grilled cheese from the book (Future Fun!)
  7. I chose my next "book", a graphic novel series I started in grad school but never finished. The series is called Saga by Brian K. Vaughan and there are definitely some scenes that first caught my eye and piqued my curiosity...and then I just got sucked into the world. I've gathered them all and have three to go. (Future Fun!)
I'll leave you with a couple "special" scenes from Saga. ;)





I love the artwork and story, I love their blunt honesty and openness with each other, and I love watching them give everything they've got for each other and their little baby to survive.

There! Now wasn't that positive, dammit?! What have you been up to? Hmm?


No comments: