Monday, January 21, 2019

Finding lights in the dark

There were many good things today and it all started with slathering mayonnaise in my hair. Haha, ok not really.I did deep condition my hair today but that's not.... Let's just get started. :)
I woke this morning and before leaving the warmth of my blankets, cracked open a completely new story, a book called Compartment No. 6 by Rosa Liksom. I believe it's something of a Russian love story that begins with two strangers on a train leaving Moscow. I read only two pages and had to put it down due to my excitement for the start of this journey. lol I'm saving it for times when I can be alone. Here's the cover.
On the docket for the day was having some family photos taken which, according to various angry members of my extended family, are about five years past due. Oops. Apparently, mine is the only family photo missing from the wall at my Grandma's house and it's gotten to the point where I'm dodging her phone calls. On top of this, we don't even have a professional family photo that includes my youngest--and he's eight!! It was time. The pictures took about two hours of the day, turned out  well, and I can mark this goal for 2019 off the list. Yeah!!
Overall, everyone was tired today so after pictures we all settled into our respective spots to do nothing for the rest of the day. I spent many hours curled up on the couch in pajamas with my dooder head (see below) and a fire crackling in the fireplace, playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Felt so good!!
The dooder
Anyway, I earned the last bit of trophies for the game and worked on clearing the map. Favorite side characters in this game would definitely be Alkibiades for being able to add sexual innuendo to anything and always making me smirk and probably Sokrates for always urging others to examine all sides and never seeming to take one himself. Love it! lol 
Lover Boy
Sokrates
Moving on! 
My oldest is currently learning to cook and is in charge of dinner one night each week. He's starting to get a bit more confident and adventurous and it's very fun to watch! Last night, I received a text  from him that he wanted to make us all spaghetti and meatballs, completely from scratch, and was wanting to know how difficult that would be. I advised that he maybe tackle one at a time so today he created a small army of his first meatballs. So cute and he was beaming when we all raved over his meal. :)
First meatballs ready for cooking
The icing on today's cake was when we all realized that due to MLK Jr. Day there would be no school or work tomorrow. Therefore, I'm off to play more of my game but I'll leave you with two songs that are in heavy rotation for me at the moment!



There also were, and will be, some hard things to deal with, think about, and overcome today. I made a conscious choice at the beginning to look for the little good things that would be sprinkled throughout the day and look at all I found! And there were so much more!! :) I'll hold those things with me in the dark. Goodnight, Internets!

No comments: