Monday, January 14, 2019

Pit stop!

Don't want to be gone from here for too long so I'm swooping in for a quick pit-stop of my ramblings and then I'll be out.

Things that have either happened or are rolling around in my mind:

1. I noticed my kid gathering Popsicle sticks and asking me about the wood glue in the garage. I gave him instructions for use and said nothing more. He proudly emerged later from his room with this--a rubber band gun that cocks, has a trigger, and loads and shoots three rubber bands. Both my pride and horror swelled. Lol
Rubber band gun
2. Without even really knowing what they were, I ate tamales and Mexican street corn for the first time. Fortunately, they're great! I would try to make tamales myself but I've since learned how time-consuming and laborious they are to make so probably naaaaaaaht. :)

First tamales and Mexican street corn
3. We're two weeks into the new year and I'm already getting antsy for new projects. However, first things come first so I'll need to finish painting the trim and doors throughout the living room and hallway. I'll reward myself with a new project but it can't be too costly so I could...

  • paint another room in the house which is badly needed
  • build something. I really dig Ana White (website here), a woman online who makes building stuff look super doable. My kid's bed is broken and I think I could decently swing one or two of the plans on this site for a twin bed and headboard (and learn another thing or two along the way!). I also have my eye on building plans for a picnic table and/or some outdoor furniture made from cedar 2x4's for summer
  • tackle another small section of the landscaping plan. My backyard is literally still bare and it bugs me.
  • deep clean all the windows in the house

4. There's about six weeks until spring planting begins in the garden so its time to start making a plan for that. I've got to figure out what is going on with the soil and make corrections before that time comes as well so I might get a little kit or something to do some soil tests. Mmmm, chemistry gets me excited!!

So many more things still floating around in my mind but I need sleep so will go for now. Laters!!

No comments: