Sunday, January 27, 2019

Sleepy, Shuba, Powerlifting, Lighting round!

Hey, you. Today has been for sleeping apparently as every time an activity was attempted or I sat down somewhere I fell asleep again, for hours. Every. Time. I don't think I've been tired in this way for a long time. I'll try to make it through this post.

Here are some things that have happened as of late:

Assassin's Creed Origins has begun! You can see more about the game here if you like. I love it so far. Love the music, love the setting, controls are similar to AC Odyssey so its easy to pick it up.

Another kitchen adventure has gone down and this time I made and tasted Shuba for the first time; a Ukranian, or Russian it seems as well, salad made with herring and various veggies. I do have a "thing" about fish but its not fishy at all and was pretty good! I'll make it again so the recipe I used is here. Next time I'll put less mayo on the top and instead add it to the middle layer as my top layer seemed to be less of an intense red than most of the pics I saw online. Overall, good stuff!!

Yesterday, I went to my first powerlifting meet. Even though I was up for 23 hours straight it was the best adventure I've had in a long time. It was in another city so there was a fun road trip component, world records were broken, I got to help support a fellow gym member in his first meet, see where I measure up against other women lifters, and spent the whole day with my best friend. I feel rich for being able to have so much goodness in one day and for getting to keep those memories for a lifetime!

The other day I took the black weed cloth off the garden beds that was supposed to block out all the sun and kill everything off. Yaaaaaa, that was a fail. It does seem to have killed the grass but most of the weeds remained. This soil testing kit (below) and a gallon of distilled water are ready to go for soil testing as soon as the soil dries out from today's rain. More on this in a later post.
Home Soil Test
Ok, I'm fading fast so let's enter "Lightning Round"!!!! :) Quickly...


  • I did my first bodyweight tricep dip! Getting stronger all the time!!!
  • Savings goals are on track and running smoothly despite a couple potential snags throughout January!!
  • I want to remember this book for later. Basically, its full of signs found throughout the world that display bad English. A coworker had it at work, it was hilarious, and I want to peruse it for myself!


  • Cooking as been fun lately and there have been lots of meals that make me happpppyyyy!!! Like this one!


  • I parked next to someone who had this sticker on their car and laughed. Genius and so true!!! To all the people whose cars have been dinged by my kids during their lifetimes, I'm so sorry! I really am.



  • I learned about Venezuelan atrepas from someone I was helping at work. They showed me a couple YouTube videos of people making them, I'm intrigued, and wanted to save this here for a future cooking adventure.



  • Last but not least, I hung some more art on my walls. Geez!!! lol

That's all for tonight folks but let's end with some quotes!

"Always keep in mind that sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step in your life."
-Paige Hathaway
Ah, and haven't we all looked back and seen the truth in this statement. Good words.

"Water which is too pure has no fish."
-Ts'ai Ken T'an
This one goes out to all the perfectionists out there, myself included. Life is messy and can be hard but those very things also bring out the best stuff sometimes. Things like heartfelt music, risks that turn out in the end to be rewards, love, great stories, growth as human beings, perspective, insight, character, etc. Embrace the messy! We're all going to end up dead anyway, right? So let's do the things!

Goodnight!!







No comments: