Sunday, February 24, 2019

Old therapy exercises...

Taken from old, handwritten therapy exercises from 2013:

5-7-13
Therapy homework

How do I feel right now?
These are the hard ones. I've printed out a list of feelings words and categories to help me. I feel abused, crippled, damaged, ignored, diminished, betrayed, cheated. These are all from the hurt category so I guess I would say, I feel hurt.

Also, I feel a little silly or embarrassed about having to journal and stuff. My feelings feel like they've been jarred or mottled so I'm feeling confused. I'm anxious about my progress in therapy.

I'm heavy-hearted, lonely, blue, gloomy, alone, friendless, lost, burdened, discouraged, troubled, melancholy, weary. These are all from the sad category so I'm feeling sad. I'm still feeling these things but I'm telling myself  its okay to be hurt and sad. Its okay.

8-9-13

Had a horrible dream again. Made me think of those empty, shocking feelings of how I woke up after the car accident. As if something had been ripped from me. Like the world had changed and something, some force, is no longer in it.
-alone
-helpless
-makes/made me want to be numb

11-5-13
The Child Within Workbook, p. 19
(fill in the blanks)

I am...me, honest.
The main thing about me is...love.
I always...try hard.
I feel most like me when I'm...alone.
What I like most about a person is...intellectualism, sincerity.
I will be...old.
I get angry when...I'm hurt.
I feel happiest when...I'm reading or in the library.
I believe in...nature.
One thing I want to accomplish is...getting a job I love.
What I like most about myself is...my mind.
I hate it when I...sabotage myself.
I was...little.
I feel least like me when...I'm around other people.
If you really knew me I would...confuse you.
I feel weakest when...I'm around others.
When I feel angry I...want to escape,
On a rainy day I like to...stay in the house in pajamas, read, or watch movies.
I feel good when I...remember volleyball.
When I'm alone I...feel better.
Most of all I really want to...feel whole at all times.
I was the type of child who knew how to...act accordingly.
One thing I'd like to change about myself is...my emotional eating.
I feel strongest when...I'm alone.
On a beautiful day I like to...be quiet outside and soak in nature.
My favorite past-time is...reading and movies.
When I feel happy, I like to...take note mentally.
If my relationship with my mother were to end, it would...take a negative out of my life but would also split off a huge part of who I am from me and my family.
My child "within" is...comfortable being scared.

No comments: