Sunday, January 11, 2009

2003-my 1st apartment w/ Kisha


Kisha Gordon
2002-2007

In December of 2002 I packed up everything I owned and moved to Florida. I had just turned 19. In February of 2003 I got my first apartment. I lived in Lighthouse Bay Apartments on the South side of Jacksonville. Total Freedom. I was working at T-mobile, had no furniture and did not know my way around the city. I wanted a friend, someone I knew for sure that I could trust, someone that would love me unconditionally. I wanted a dog. I wanted a purebred, first a boxer, then maybe a pug but as I was still just getting on my feet I couldn't afford a purebred so I decided to adopt. I got on trusty map quest and went to nearby humane societies. I started going to the one on Beach Blvd next to Wal-mart regularly. I was hunting for purebred boxers. One day I was walking the aisles and playing/talking with the dogs on the other side of the fence when I stumbled across a little puppy named Jelly. I knew she was the one from the moment I saw her. She was a five month old American Staffordshire Terrier mix, brindle, but it was her beautiful head, eyes and expression that melted me. She seemed to like me too. It was so hard to leave her that day. I planned and thought about adopting her for the next three weeks. I was soooo nervous that someone else was going to get her. Finally, when I was ready I put a hold on her, faxed the needed documents to the shelter , arrived the next day, paid $85 dollars and she was all mine--my first dog. She rode in my lap on the way home all curled up. I named her Kisha. We were partners and we did EVERYTHING together and I took her EVERYWHERE. I won't go into detail about our remaining days together because that is another story . I loved her for always being there for me in all the ways I needed her to be. I will always love you Kisha--R.I.P.

No comments: