Wednesday, January 28, 2009

frog pillow

Okay so I am trying to teach myself how to sew. My mom sent me some of her scrap fabric and an old pattern for animal pillows. It took me ALL DAY to sew this frog but I did it and to my amazement it turned out right! I didn't have any pillow stuffing around so I just stuffed it with newspaper being that it was just a practice thing anyway. Taison loves his new frog and I feel like I am one step closer to sewing my own garments! YAY!

And this is me SOOOOOOOO happy that my frog turned out LOL

Have a great night!

3 comments:

KellysSewing said...

I love your frog!! My mom used to make those when I was little. She filled hers with beans or rice. I still have one of them, it is 40 years old!

Some chic you don't know said...

I actually thought about filling it with beans or rice and wish that I had in hind sight. Maybe the next one. I made a mental note to make sure I always have a little pillow stuffing in my stash from now on. Thanks for checking me out!

L.I.N said...

what a pillow! i want one like this!