Monday, February 2, 2009

projects

I finally finished one of my projects the other day. I have been working on refinishing my thrift store kitchen table find. It was my first time refinishing anything and it was A LOT of work. My $20 table became a $70 table by the time it was all over with but it was totally worth it. I had a huge sense of accomplishment when I finished it. There was a huge scratch and what seems to be some kind of acid spill in the middle that I was not able to sand out all of the way but in my biased opinion it just adds character.
Rice and I decided to start fostering animals at the Jacksonville Humane Society so we went over and signed up. I got a call a few days ago and we got our first foster. Meet Levi!
He is a 3 month old boy kitten. I have never met a cat like this before and fostering--so far--is completely different then what I had in my mind. Levi is super sweet and will start purring if you even look at him but he is absolutely terrified. He won't come out of his crate during the day except for eating and using the litter box. He never plays and I have never seen a kitten who will not play. I have to lay on the floor and pet him in the crate most of the time. He is terrified of Taison (who wouldn't be) so Taison cannot enjoy him at all. On top of that this little guy has a cold so I have to give him medication every day. It makes me sad to think of the life that this little guy may have had so far and it makes what we are doing seem all the more important. All this guy needs is a quiet home with a lot of love.

My next project is making myself a spring/summer dress! This will be my first official garment for myself and I hope hope hope it is wearable. I picked an easy pattern that may not be the most flattering but looked super simple. I think with a cropped jean jacket and some sandals it could look okay...hopefully.So stay tuned for updates. What projects are you working on?

No comments: