Thursday, January 28, 2010

T-shirts and pajama pants

T-shirts and pajama pants, the hum-drum of every wardrobe. Here is the major malfunction with mine.

Problem #1 My t-shirts are too old. I mean ridiculously old. I am still wearing around shirts from the '90's. Every single one of them is stained, ripped or holey. The fabric has worn so thin that I could rip them apart with my bare hands without putting in any effort whatsoever. I fear that they will fall apart in the washer, which has happened to me in the past sorry to say.

My excuse: I am a loser and never go anywhere or do anything in which I would be entitled to a new t-shirt. Or, my t-shirts are simply too sentimental to me to ever get rid of them. I mean who doesn't love to wear an old holey t-shirt to bed? I am pretty sure that I am dealing with a little of both here.

Solution: My goal is to get rid of all of my current t-shirts and start anew. If I want t-shirts then I will have to earn them by running 5K's, donating blood, volunteering, traveling, and you get the drift. Now, I am pregnant and WAY above my normal size right now s0 I am going to have to delay this journey for right now but when I achieve my normal size again I will give myself a year to see what I can come up with. I will keep you all updated with my progress here of course.

Problem #2 Comfy, cute, girly pajama pants have evaded me my entire life.

My excuse: I am too tall for all of the cutesy women's pajama pants and the men's pants have crotches that come to my knees. What does a tall girl have to do for some damn cute pajama pants!? I will tell you what...

Solution: I will make them. I know how to sew now and while I have not mastered pants yet I am pretty sure I can swing some flannel drawstring pajama pants. And the big kicker is that I can make them as LONG as I want. Once again I am huge right now so I will have to postpone this for a few months but I can't wait to begin!

If I am going to be hanging around the house playing stay-at-home-mom with a toddler and a newborn for awhile I can at least be "styling" house-style with my new t-shirts and my cute jammy pants.

What condition are your t-shirts in?

No comments: