Sunday, January 31, 2010

yet another dream...

Okay let me see...
Well, last night I dreamed that my step-mom was cheating on my dad and she happened to show me the incriminating evidence, kind of accidentally. My dad was really bummed and had a hunch that she had been cheating but didn't have proof so I had to make a really hard decision. I had to decide which one I was going to be loyal to. (always a really fun thing to do as a kid--I was still in high school in the dream.) So I sucked it up and went with good ole Dad. To make a long dream short I ended up telling him and showing him what I knew and let him make his own decisions about what he wanted to do. I felt really bad for my little sis in the dream though because she was not yet a teenager so I knew it would be rough for her if her parents split up. Divorce sucks. I have only begun to realize in the last few years how much that statement is true. Honestly I felt bad for all parties involved, even my step-mom. Before I woke from my dream I was just hanging back watching this small family to see what would come of it all. I remember hoping that everything would somehow be better in the end for at least my step-mom and my Dad. I wanted them both to be happy. My little sister? Well, I knew she was pretty much screwed because kids inevitably get the really shitty end of the divorce stick.


I also caught on to this key clue. My role in the dream and how I perceived myself in it was that of an uninvolved third party. I was involved but only just enough. I felt that I was an unaffected outsider for the most part. This is how I have played my roles in my real life family as well, for mandatory coping reasons I am sure. I found it interesting that I viewed it that same way in my dream because this is not how I would like to be but more of an automatic thing.

Okay, have a great day! hehe

No comments: