Sunday, January 31, 2010

Cooking!

I watched Julie and Julia a couple of weeks ago and of course was inspired to cook my own way through a cookbook. I do all of my cooking out of my cookbooks anyway and I love trying new recipes (just ask my annoyed husband--we never eat the same thing twice) so it was a perfect idea...thanks Julie and Julia!

I am taking a much more casual approach to this whole thing and I probably won't blog about every thing I make but you get the idea. The cookbook that I will be using is Everyday Pasta by Giada De Laurentiis. You might know her from Food Network. I LOVE Italian food so I am pretty excited.

Today, I started out with the first recipe in the book for Baked Caprese Salad which is an appetizer and Wagon Wheels with Artichoke Pesto for the main course. Let me just say, wow! Yummy Yummy! My kid was chowing down on the pasta and secretly I knew he was eating artichokes, among other healthy items. Hubby even liked the appetizer and that is pretty big considering he is usually afraid of any "too-healthy" looking items. These are not my pics but these are what I made. Definitely give these a try!

No comments: