Sunday, April 15, 2018

Updates: feeling tired and blah

Written 04/14/18:

Working today! I'm pretty sleepy so I stealthily took two tiny catnaps at my desk during lunch. I'm pretty sure I don't need to be stealthy about that here but "when in doubt...", and all. Some time was spent reading as well. Unfortunately, I abandoned the mystery book I was reading. Four chapters in and I simply couldn't hang. However, I really want to do this so to make it slightly easier for myself, I traded in that one for Christmas Caramel Murder, same author. In doing so, I've dropped 125 pages off the total to be read and the book is almost half the size of the other which means smaller pages and less words to a page. Win! Chapters are pretty short as well. Where there's a will there's a way! If I was able to finish Leo Tolstoy's Anna Karenina by reading ten pages at a time over a period of 11 months, then I can make it through 200 pages of Christmas Caramel Murder. Anyway, I just started chapter three and the red velvet cookie recipe from the first chapter is calling my name. Yummm!


I whipped up grilled cheese creation #2 the other night from my cookbook adventure. It was sinful with bacon, cheddar cheese, onions, and tomatoes on sourdough bread. My youngest didn't approve because of the onions but the rest were gobbled up.

As for updates on home projects, I picked up a bunch of paint chips last night in all shades of grey and tan to peruse. As much as I do not feel like tackling a huge painting project right now, it seems  my heart has other plans and the orange in my living room will be coming to an end sooner than later.

Progress has been made in the gardening beds as well, though it might be considered regression. When turning over the dirt to begin prepping the soil, the raised beds I built were chipping away, crumbling under any pressure, and have settled into the earth so far as it would be a stretch to consider them raised beds at this point. I decided to rip everything out and start anew. When I built those beds, roughly five years ago, I didn't have the extra money to make them double height and placed the beds too close together. There were a couple other things that I now know could have been improved as well. For now, the area has been cleared and I'm working on creating a better design this time around. More on this project at a later date!

No comments: