Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Its the stupid, little day-to-day things that count

First things first! When possible, always start journals with rainbows. 🌈

I saw the biggest rainbow on the way to work the other morning and was able to follow it all the way there. Ahh, nature's the best. I snapped this pic but couldn't do it justice from my spot in the parking lot. Anyway, I wanted to remember it so it goes here!

Second, do you remember the plate that was to be smashed? Well, I'm happy to report that it's been smashed to pieces and it was a beautiful thing. I have a clip of it but won't be sharing it here because (Hello!) I'm just "Some chic you don't know"! I can't go around putting pics and vids of my face on here! Ahem, just know that the plate was thrown, it shattered spectacularly, and felt really, really good.

There's really nothing of substance to leave here today but sometimes when I look back in journals its the stupid, little day-to-day things that are my favorite to read about and remember. So in the spirit of sharing stupid, little day-to-day things with a future version of myself, here are a couple more quick shots...
  • Baby oranges from the baby orange tree have come to my yard! Yuuuumm!
  • I'm still going strong on the K-drama I've been watching. At 32 episodes, its the longest one I've ever tackled but episode 20 is still bringing the feels so we keep going! I almost died an episode or two back when he confessed his love to her. DIED! I think my heart cracked open and all my mushy goo poured out everywhere! 💔😍 I've laughed, I've cried a little, its broken my heart and swelled it, too. Good stuff!
  • The new computer came in and the kids are in love. Still need to get the desk and space situated but I'm painting and doing other things right now and want to build the money back up again so its on hold a bit.
  • I finally submitted the application for a bigger and better job (yes...again) that's been haunting me for over a week. Working on another now and its going easier this time around. Ha! No its not. Don't listen to me. Part of me is scared to get the job, part of me is scared to not get the job, part of me really wants the job because I can feel that the bigger, better job I got myself into in May is good and all but I can feel that its not the best fit for me both professionally and personally. We'll see, right?
  • Here, how's this for random and inconsequential? Upon arriving at work the other day I found this little display right in front of the staff entrance doors in the back of the building. Only this and nothing else. I laughed a little and took a pic of course. What does it mean? What does it mean???!! When I came out a little later it was gone. 

There, enough of that for now.

As for books, I'm off on a new adventure. I finished the confidence book a few days ago. It was pretty good! I learned some things, reaffirmed some others, and generally liked a lot of what they said and it helped me a little. All good things.

Now, do you think that means that I'll forego starting another book until I finish the other two I'm in? Noooooooo. I spent the last hour of work two nights ago (during which my brain had officially shut down for the day and it was a matter of staying awake) looking for new books to read. I've checked out two new cookbooks, downloaded seven audiobooks on my phone, checked out more print books, emailed and texted myself records of more I'd like to remember for later, etc.. What can I say? Book hauls are just "my way". I've pulled everything from sleeping advice, survival, horror, death in different countries, travel writing, short stories from out west, classics, and more. I'll update here when I choose what rabbit hole to fall down next. Pretty excited about it.

Last but not least, can I take a moment to say how much I love this dog? Oooh, you know what? Yes, I can thank you very much!! 😊 I was really upset for a couple days a little ways back and this dog did not leave my side. He laid his head on pillows with me, gave many kisses, curled up into my body wherever I was, wanted to be under the covers with me, followed me around the house to camp out near me, and whenever I'd peep over at him, he'd almost always be watching me just like this. They really do seem to sense when things aren't right. Love him to pieces. 💗


I'm headed to sleep so I can brave another day. I wonder what tomorrow will bring. I'll leave you with three things I'm grateful for...

1. My dog
2. Self-awareness
3. The happiness of those I love

What stupid, little day-to-day things have happened in your life lately?

No comments: