Thursday, March 12, 2009

A compilation of things

Ahhhh its nap time. I did a 50% water change in the big fish tank all by myself today for the first time. Rice and I usually do it together or he mans it alone. It took me hours! I'm glad it is done though and I am sure the fish are grateful to have some fresh water. I decided to put our big cave in for them this time. The poor fish have nowhere to hide. I noticed today that when Taison stands in front of the tank the fish all move into the back corners and scurry back and forth at the back. They are terrified of him! I can't imagine why...lol. Now that the tank is cycled we need to figure out what type of fish we want. We had big beautiful cichlids in there before but they were pretty mean and it was a little over crowded so we thought about doing a community tank this time with schooling fish. One problem...that's boring! Now that we have a Betta and these goldfish I have realized that I miss the personality that the big fish brought to the table...errrr tank. All of our big fish had names and they usually did something to make us laugh on a daily basis. So, I think that I would like to have a little of both this time around. So far these angelfish cichlids are at the top of the list. They school too which is an added bonus. We will probably end up setting up the rest of our tank around the angelfish as far as tank-mates. Money, money, money...we will have to get a little at a time. Why do our hobbies always have to be so expensive?! On the sewing front I have cut out my pattern pieces for my purse but I need some more needles for my machine so I am stalled on that until I can get to Joann's. In the mean time I may go ahead and cut out the pattern pieces for my next knit shirt (just a different view on the same pattern I just used). If I take a pic of the fabrics before I finish them I will post it. I am happy to report that I have officially gained 10 lbs. and I know that most of it has to be muscle because I am still able to wear the same size clothes. However, I am feeling a little pudgy in my bathing suit so I am going to start adding some cardio back into the weekly routine. I feel like my core is getting stronger too as I am almost able to make it through the whole ab section of the Tracy Anderson DVD I have. I will get there dammit! She is so quiet and nice yet so hard core. I cuss her out every time I do it. Well, I am off to do 30 minutes on the bike and hopefully an hour of stretching before the little man wakes up. My recovery week is almost over so I am going to have to pick out a new workout plan for the next 4 weeks. I will keep you posted. Tell me what you have been up to today...or lately! Oh YA!! I forgot to put up a pic of my new haircut and check out that sunburn!! lol.

No comments: