Monday, March 2, 2009

My new top....errr dress.

I wanted to make a top...

and I ended up with a dress! lol

Here's why. The pattern I used said that the standard height for my body type was between 5'5 to 5'6. Well, I am about 5'10 so I lengthened the pattern 4 inches...right? WRONG!! I still do not know why this didn't work. I must have the upper body of a 5'5/5'6 female and just have longer legs. I mean I knew I was high waisted but man! Maybe someone can enlighten me on why this didn't work. Another weird thing is that my base of neck to waist measurement is the same as someone 5'5 to 5'6...WTH? Anyway, I love this top/dress lol and everything else turned out perfectly so next time I will just make it according to the original pattern. Luckily this was my practice one so I will start on the REAL one today. I had a great experience with my first knit garment. Just for kicks here is my SUPER long top with some capris~maybe you can get the idea of what it is SUPPOSED to look like lol.

No comments: