Tuesday, March 24, 2009

No motivation lately...

Quickie post...I have been trying to get to a fabric store because I am dying to sew my new summer dress but I am seriously lacking the motivation to get out of the house period. All I have wanted to do the last few days is get up, stay in my pajamas, eat, and watch movies all day. I have miraculously kept up with working out somehow but the laundry is piling up and I really need to do some cleaning around here. My son has to practically drag me across the street to the playground. I think he is going nuts being cooped up inside and I feel bad for him. I did happen to check out a great tutorial on making your own maxi sundress here so I took some of my scrap jersey and gave the bodice part a whirl. It turned out great. That was my first time self drafting a pattern and it wasn't actually as hard as I thought it would be. Definitely a sewing confidence boost. Sooooo, stay tuned for my new sundress and a jersey maxi sundress. Also, we finally have some new foster kittens. I picked up the three, five week old kittens today. They are so playful and such a joy to watch. We will have them for three weeks so I will put up some pics of them soon. I have some more posts lined up...just a matter of time and motivation here. I'll catch ya later.

No comments: