Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mike Tyson's Punch Out!! + sewing = Rice's pillow

So I am waiting to get paid again before I get any new fabric...budget, budget...so I took an unwearable t-shirt that Rice loves and made it into a pillow. He didn't want to get rid of the shirt and it was just sitting in a drawer. Well, that was driving me nuts so now he says he can put this pillow in his "man/gaming room" when we get a house. Mission accomplished and it only cost me $3. This was my first pillow and my first stab at applique...which was a bit of a disaster lol.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

That is a fantastic pillow and love the applique. Is the applique an iron-on or did you use an embroidery machine.

Some chic you don't know said...

This piece came from the back of the shirt. I cut it out, folded back and stitched the sides to make it a rectangle then appliqued it to the pillow using my sewing machine.