Friday, March 20, 2009

New Look 6780 patter review #2

Pattern Description: easy misses knit tops-a lot of different combinations are possible here

Pattern Sizing:size A6-16...I made size 12

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? yes!

Were the instructions easy to follow?Very

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?I love this pattern...no dislikes

Fabric Used:100% cotton jersey-lime green from Hobby Lobby. This fabric was extremely off grain on one end so I had to alter the cutting layout a little so that I could cut around it.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:No design changes just the change in the cutting layout mentioned earlier.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?I already sewed up View C of this pattern and my mother-in-law wants View A with the short sleeves and I want to make View A and D still so I will definitely be sewing this again. I love this pattern and absolutely recommend it.

Conclusion: Great pattern full of options for many summery tops. Get this one!


1 comment:

Sheila said...

Lovely top and must add to my to sew list. That style of top is so popular. I went to The Loft and saw a few variations of that top. One of them had smocking at the bottom.